Words from the Lord to His people,
as well as articles concerning Biblical Prophecy and the End Times.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I Believe -- The Fundamental Facets

What I Believe – The Fundamental Facets

Below are the things that I truly believe and live. I consider someone who also believes these things a True Believer, or a True Christian.

Many people say they are a “Christian”, but are they really? Sitting in a church once a week doesn’t make someone a Christian any more than sitting in a garage nightly makes him or her a car. Being “born into” Christianity by heritage (family or country) doesn’t make one a Christian either.

Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) told us in John 14:6, “I Am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

True, this statement is not politically correct, nor is it tolerant. However, it is Truth. Jesus is the only way to live in the presence of God in eternity. He is the only way to Heaven. He is the only way of salvation.

(*note: The below is based on an article from my father’s blog, found at http://dpweary.blogspot.com/2008/11/confessions-of-true-christian-1.html *)

1. I believe that there is only one God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is the all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect deity full of grace, mercy, truth and justice. He created the universe and all that is in it, and He still rules it all today.

2. I believe that the Bible is the perfect, infallible Word of God, and that it is precisely accurate in all that it teaches.

3. I believe that God manifested Himself on earth in the body of a human, a man named Yeshua Ben Joseph or Jesus of Nazareth. I believe that Yeshua (Jesus) was born of a virgin named Mary. I believe that He lived a sinless life on earth, died on a Roman stake (cross), rose from the dead on the third day, is alive forevermore, and is seated on a Throne in Heaven.

4. I believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah (the Savior), that His death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of mankind, and that His resurrection proved that He was God in the flesh (called The Son of God).

5. I believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is present with me today, working in me, for me, and through me in the form of the Holy Spirit (the Ruach haKodesh).

6. I believe that when my physical body dies, I will go to Heaven because I have confessed my sins and have accepted Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah; Jesus Christ) as my Savior.

7. I believe that eternal salvation is possible only through grace – God’s unmerited favor – and not through works (what I do). I believe that no one can “earn” his/her salvation.

8. I believe in a real devil (satan) who personifies evil and who is alive and working in the world today.

9. I believe that Yeshua (Jesus) in his death and resurrection defeated satan and stripped him of his legal authority on earth. However, I acknowledge that individually we are continually restoring some of satan’s authority and rights through our sinful thoughts and deeds.

10. I believe that I have a personal responsibility to serve God, and to share my religious beliefs about Christ with non-Christians.

I have made a personal commitment to love, honor, obey, and serve Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah). This commitment and my faith in Jesus are very important in my life today. He is my all in all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dawn...powerful website! Have you considered joining the huge network of Facebook? There are so many believers and non believers on it and a huge Israeli crowd. You can also post your blogsite there. I think you would enjoy it...I do!

    ReplyDelete